Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Settling...

...into the new normal. Or the new, new normal I suppose I should say. I don't know how many diseases are cured by giving the patient an entirely new disease. I hope not too many. When I had cancer, I didn't feel sick at all. In fact, my only complaint was that I wasn't swallowing food easily. That would have made it easy to lose 50 or 60pounds! My thyroid cancer is "cured" for now, and I feel terrible most of the time! Insomnia, fatigue, irritability...and would somebody please turn down the heat!! And these are things that I'm told for the most part will be my companions for the rest of my life. I liked the cancer better.

1 comment:

  1. No you don't, believe me. The symptoms you have suck, that's true. But through the fatigue, insomnia, etc. you get up every day, and enjoy the wonderful people you call friends and family. The alternative is not so palatable. Prayers for you I offer, that your symptoms subside, but cancer is not preferable for anyone. You have way too many gifts yet to bestow.

    ReplyDelete